Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Snow arrived here in the Puget Sound

snow covered daffodil

view from under my Maple Tree

This is an extremely rare occurrence here in the Puget Sound anymore. Spring Snow! As I post this, the snow has disappeared and all is back to normal.

It has been great weather to knit these past few days, but I haven't been knitting.

The dropped-stitched cardigan yet, I have mostly finished knitting it except for the collar and i-cord for the zipper. I have hit a glitch. No local fabric store has a 17" separating zipper.

A special project with a deadline for April 10Th has come up. A chemo hat for a dear friends daughter, who shouldn't be going through this at the age of 32. The book Knitting for Peace has a lovely eyelet hat pattern. I'm hoping to make it out of a skein of bamboo merino wool sock yarn or Gerry Garcia wild stripes dish cloth cotton. She needs her head covered, but California weather dictates cotton for comfort.

I want to thank the knitters from Ravelry's Newbie Cafe for stopping by and taking a look at this blog. Ravelry has become a new fav hangout recently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.