Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dropping those Purl Stitches on Purpose?!



Progress is being made, I read the instructions again and again..I'm supposed to go ahead and drop the purl stitch AND let it go all the way down to the cast-on edge???!!Well, I did it! and it is working out very nicely. The picture doesn't do it justice though, the neutral color in the yarn blending in with my knitting basket just a little too good.

I had to take my husband to an appointment that involved me being in the waiting room for over 2 hours. I was on knitting roll.

I found it harder to get the stitch to drop down, usually trying NOT to drop a stitch away it goes!

Another plus is that I loaded up my Mp3 player with a download from my library. "Knitting Rules" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, read by the author. How appropriate!

2 comments:

KnitaSaur said...

It's satisfying to drop a stitch on purpose, I find! I just started a pattern called You Snag, and I think everyone should do it, or at least a drop-stitch pattern. Feels good. :)

Sara said...

Hello, just dropped by your blog from over at the Ravelry Newbie Cafe...I've never done a pattern where I drop the stitches - at least not on purpose!!!!